Development applications for priority development areas are assessed by Economic Development Queensland (EDQ). However, in some instances, the assessment of development applications has been delegated by the Minister for Economic Development Queensland to the relevant local government authority. Where an application is proposed to be made in the following PDAs the application should be made to the respective local government authority:
- Blackwater and Blackwater East PDAs: contact Central Highlands Regional Council
- Moranbah PDA: contact Isaac Regional Council
- Ripley Valley PDA: contact Ipswich City Council
- Southport PDA: contact the City of the Gold Coast Council
- The Mill at Moreton Bay PDA: contact Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Toowoomba Railway Parklands PDA: contact the Toowoomba Regional Council
- Townsville City Waterfront PDA:
- where land is not within the strategic port land area, contact Townsville City Council
- where land is within the strategic port land area, contact the Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning.
Is your property in a priority development area?
You can identify if your property is a priority development area by using the DA mapping system called DA mapping. The DA mapping system also identifies if the development assessment is to be undertaken by EDQ or the relevant local government authority, however, this information is also listed above.
What is the Development Assessment process?
The assessment process under the Economic Development Act 2012:
Pre-application meeting (optional)
Assessment of PDAs
For a detailed description of the steps at each stage, visit the Development applications page.
- Development assessment fees and charges schedule ( 594 KB)
- Infrastructure funding framework
- Development assessment mapping systems
- Priority development areas
- PDA Guidelines and practice notes
- Economic Development Act 2012
- Economic Development Regulation 2013
- Economic Development Queensland
- Vegetation management for Brisbane PDAs
- Development applications
- Development approvals
- 23 April 2009 ( 170 KB)
Contact Economic Development Queensland's Development Assessment team by:
- Phone: (07) 3452 7437
- Post: Economic Development Queensland Development Assessment Team
GPO Box 2202
Brisbane QLD 4001