Development applications must be made using the approved forms. Incomplete forms, or forms without all necessary information and documentation, may result in an application that is not properly made.
Development applications are often prepared by builders or professional development companies on behalf of the owner. It is important to determine who will be nominated as the applicant and the contact person.
MyDAS - online preparation and lodgement system
SARA is supported by MyDAS - a new online system that allows you to prepare and lodge or refer applications to the department, as the single state assessment and referral agency.
MyDAS will provide:
- online lodgement of development application and tracking through the Integrated Development Assessment System (IDAS) process
- access to and assistance with preparing IDAS forms
- integration with the SARA online mapping system
- electronic payment of fees.
Details required for all applications
All applications must be accompanied by:
- the relevant application fee
- all mandatory supporting information for the application - this will be specified in the relevant form
- the owner's consent if it is required under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009.
To find out the specific information you need to include with your application, complete your application online or use the IDAS checklists, or seek advice from a professional builder, developer or planner.