Referral agencies are often involved in the development assessment process by providing critical advice on proposed development applications where there is a state interest. These organisations include:
- state government agencies
- government owned corporations
- private sector companies.
eDA makes the process of identifying state interests and associated referral agencies easier. The eDA wizard guides you through the IDAS assessment checklist interview. This interview assists in identifying what advice or approvals are necessary before you can start your development.
The following referral agencies have agreed to participate in eDA and will accept electronic development application referred for assessment:
- Department of Community Safety
- Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation
- Department of Environment and Resource Management
- Department of Infrastructure and Planning
- Department of Justice and Attorney-General
- Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Gladstone Ports Corporation
- North Queensland Bulk Ports Corporation
- Port of Brisbane Corporation
- Port of Townsville
The following referral agencies will shortly accept electronic referrals:
- Far North Queensland Ports Corporation
- Queensland Bulk Water Supply Authority (Seqwater).