The newly published Economic Development Queensland Development Assessment Fees and Charges Schedule ( 594 KB) will apply to PDA development application applications lodged from 1 January 2017.
The schedule sets out the fees and charges payable to EDQ for:
- assessing a Priority Development Area (PDA) development application against a PDA development scheme (for material change of use, reconfiguring a lot, operational work and building work)
- compliance assessment against a PDA development condition
- sealing of a plan of subdivision
- changing or withdrawal of a PDA development application
- changing or cancelling a PDA development approval
- extension of the currency period for a PDA development approval
- road closures
- considering a permit application for interfering with vegetation under a bylaw.
Part A of the schedule sets out the fees that are imposed to recover, in part, costs incurred by EDQ for processing and considering the application.
Part B of the schedule sets out the fees payable to EDQ to recover the costs of making and amending the relevant PDA development scheme.
This fee schedule includes the applicable Queensland Treasury indexation rates for the 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16 and 2016/17 financial years.
A substantial review of the fees is scheduled for completion prior to the commencement of the 2017/18 financial year.
The applicable assessment fee for a particular application is to be confirmed by an EDQ Development Assessment officer prior to payment.
Where responsibility for processing and considering a PDA development application has been delegated to a local government, the local government is responsible for setting the applicable fees. For information about the relevant fee contact the relevant local government for the PDA.