The Integrated Development Assessment System (IDAS) forms are the approved forms under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 (SPA) and must be used for applications lodged under this Act.
For all development applications lodged under SPA you must:
- complete IDAS form 1 - Application details ( 232 KB)
- complete any other IDAS forms relevant to your application
- provide any mandatory supporting information identified as being required on the relevant forms to accompany your application. This includes a response to the relevant state code(s) of the State Development Assessment Provisions (SDAP).
- lodge the development application, including the relevant IDAS forms, with the assessment manager for the application (refer to Schedule 6 of the Sustainable Planning Regulation 2009 to determine who is the assessment manager for a development application).
From 3 July 2017, there are new approved forms that must be used for applications lodged under the Planning Act 2016. Please go to the new resources and search ‘form’ to access the new approved forms (DA Form 1 and DA Form 2) and other supporting materials.
IDAS checklists are available to assist applicants to determine if their development is an assessable development under Schedule 3 of the Sustainable Planning Regulation 2009. Note that the checklists are a guide only and should be read in conjunction with the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 and the Sustainable Planning Regulation 2009.
If a development is not an assessable development, it will not require the lodgement of a development application. Completing and submitting IDAS checklists with a development application are not mandatory.
|Checklist name||Checklist number||Effective date||Type and size|
|Various aspects of development||1||3 August 2015||102 KB|
|Material change of use||2||22 July 2016||197 KB|
|Reconfiguring a lot||3||3 August 2015||141 KB|
|Operational work||4||5 December 2016||283 :KB|
|Building work||5||3 August 2015||134 KB|
IDAS templates and template forms
The Department has created templates for use with respect to planning instruments and development assessment processes under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009. There are a number of templates and template forms that relate to the IDAS process (e.g. changing an approval, conducting public notification) which have been developed. These templates and template forms are not mandatory.
For local councils
* This template is to assist with creating public notices for certain development applications. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all requirements outlined in the approved form (including font styles and minimum letter heights) are met. If additional space is required, the overall size of the public notice should be increased. The department expressly disclaims all liability (including but not limited to liability for negligence) for errors or omissions of any kind whatsoever or for any loss (including direct and indirect losses), damage or other consequence which may arise from your reliance on the material contained in this publication. This information is issued on the understanding that the department is not, through the issue of this information, giving any legal or other professional service.