Councils setting up entities, companies and community organisations are subject to various legislation and regulations. In addition, councils need approval to enter into various types of financial arrangements. The below bulletins provide information to assist with these matters.
- General approval to provide an indemnity (Bulletin 04/17)
- Local government controlled entities (Bulletin 06/15)
- Approvals Required for the Establishment of a Company (Bulletin 08/13)
- Loans to community organisations (Bulletin 15/12)
- Circumstances where the establishment of Disaster and Community funds create a controlled entity (Bulletin 26/11)