‘Our story, our future’ is the Queensland Government’s Multicultural Policy ( 1.9 MB) (the policy), promoting an inclusive, harmonious and united Queensland.
The policy focuses Queensland Government action over 3 years (2016-17 to 2018-19) for people from culturally diverse backgrounds and for Queensland as a whole across the following 3 priorities:
- achieving culturally responsive government
- supporting inclusive, harmonious and united communities
- improving economic opportunities.
By focusing on these priorities, the Queensland Government will support equality of opportunity for all Queenslanders, and harness the remarkable benefits cultural diversity offers.
Together with its 3-year Multicultural Action Plan ( 1.7 MB) (the plan), the policy drives Queensland Government action to build an environment of opportunity and achieve improved social and economic outcomes for people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
The policy and its action plan are the first under the Multicultural Recognition Act 2016. After 3 years, the Minister for Multicultural Affairs must report to Parliament on progress towards multicultural policy outcomes and a plan must be prepared at least every 3 years.
The Act also requires all government agencies to report publicly on their actions in the plan and provide a summary of their progress every year. This allows the community to track how the government is achieving positive change, and provides a picture of where we need to make changes to investment or services.
Read the government agencies’ 2016-17 reports on the Multicultural Action Plan below.
2016-17 agency reports
- Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland
- Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
- Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services
- Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy
- Department of Environment and Heritage Protection
- Department of Housing and Public Works
- Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning
- Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing
- Department of the Premier and Cabinet including Arts Queensland, Queensland Performing Arts Centre, QAGOMA, Queensland Museum, Queensland Theatre Company
- Department of Science, Information Technology and Innovation
- Department of State Development
- Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
- Queensland Health
- Residential Tenancies Authority
- State Library of Queensland
- TAFE Queensland
- Trade and Investment Queensland