The aim of the 2016–18 ILGSP is to provide funding to assist Indigenous councils increase their capacity, capability and sustainability.
Recipient councils under the 2016–18 ILGSP are:
The budget for the ILGSP is $8,152,588. This is to be divided equally between the 16 eligible councils. Each council will receive an allocation of $509,536 which is to be expended before 30 June 2018 on projects and initiatives which build council capacity and capability and contribute to long term sustainability.
In order to gain access to funding, eligible councils are to submit project proposals to DILGP for assessment.
- Eligible local governments may submit project proposals at any time. All projects funded under the ILGSP must be completed and funding acquitted by 30 June 2018.
Forms and resources
- 2016–18 Indigenous Local Government Sustainability Program Guidelines ( 158 KB)
- 2016–18 Indigenous Local Government Sustainability Program Project Proposal ( 43 KB)
- Northern region: 07 4758 3420
- Brisbane office: 07 3452 6723