The Department is committed to improving its customer service experiences.
As part of the Department's ongoing commitment to improving its performance under SARA, key performance indicators (KPIs) have been developed to:
- drive the necessary cultural and organisational change to deliver a successful and efficient development assessment system
- provide a high level of transparency and ensure SARA is accountable to its customers
- inform ongoing and continual improvement to SARA processes and performance.
The KPIs focus on four core areas:
- customer satisfaction: to enable the Department to better understand its performance through our customer's expectations and experiences
- IDAS timeframes: to ensure the Department's role in the statutory process under Sustainable Planning Act 2009 is undertaken in an efficient way to avoid unnecessary delays
- information requests: to improve the Department's conduct around how and when an information request is issued
- appeals: to reduce the need for an applicant to appeal a decision by improving the Department's processes and interactions throughout the development assessment process.
New KPIs have been prepared for the 2015-16 financial year. The KPIs include improved measures and targets to help drive and maintain a high level of performance, professionalism and efficiency in SARA's day-to-day operations.
- Download the SARA key performance indicators 2015-16 ( 378 KB)
The Department publishes its performance against the KPIs annually on this website. SARA’s performance against KPIs for previous financial years can be viewed in the below annual reports.
- Download the SARA key performance indicators and customer satisfaction survey: 2014–15 report ( 475 KB)
- Download the SARA key performance indicators and customer satisfaction survey: 2013-14 report ( 409 KB)