The Queensland Government is proposing changes to the State Planning Regulatory Provision (SPRP) for the Yeerongpilly Transit Oriented Development (TOD).
In 2014, the Queensland Government, in partnership with Brisbane City Council (Council), finalised the planning framework to deliver a TOD on the former Animal Research Institute site at Yeerongpilly. A TOD is a planning concept that promotes the creation of well-designed and sustainable urban communities focused around transit stations.
State Planning Regulatory Provision and Detailed Plan of Development
The Yeerongpilly transit oriented development (TOD) draft state planning regulatory provision (SPRP) 2016 is the proposed planning framework for the Yeerongpilly Green development and will guide future development in the area.
Yeerongpilly Green is a Queensland Government project managed through Economic Development Queensland (EDQ). The project was recently announced in the Advancing our cities and regions strategy. The existing Yeerongpilly TOD SPRP 2014 requires updating to appropriately reflect the agreed development.
The SPRP for the Yeerongpilly TOD was first approved in 2011 to allow for the urgent development of the South Regional Business Centre for the Brisbane City Council (BCC). Since 2010 the state government has consulted extensively with the community on amendments to the SPRP. The SPRP was updated in 2014 to reflect new planning.
The proposed changes will take effect from 2 December 2016. From this date the developer may lodge development applications with the council. Applications will be code assessable and assessed against this new version of the SPRP.
Consultation and next steps
Any amendments will be incorporated prior to the Minister approving the amended SPRP. The gazettal is expected to occur in early 2017 and at that time the SPRP will be incorporated into the Brisbane City Plan 2014 as a neighbourhood plan in mid-2017.
Submissions lodged on the SPRP during the public notification period will not impact on any development applications lodged with council. They will only affect changes to the SPRP.
An overview document ( 157 KB) has been prepared with more information on the proposed draft SPRP 2016.
If you would like more information about the future divestment and infrastructure program for Yeerongpilly Green contact Economic Development Queensland:
- Phone: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Visit: www.yeerongpillygreen.com.au
Information relating to SPRP 2014
The approved 2014 plan consists of two separate parts:
- the Detailed Plan of Development ( 11.4 MB)
- the Yeerongpilly TOD State Planning Regulatory Provision 2014 ( 804 KB
These two documents reflected feedback the department received from the community up to and including the recent consultation period in early 2014.
View the following technical reports:
- Traffic Impact Assessment (February 2014) ( 4.7 MB)
- Traffic Impact Assessment (September 2014) ( 3.9 MB)
- Conceptual Flooding and Stormwater Assessment (February 2011) ( 11 MB)
- Yeerongpilly TOD Site Flood Assessment (July 2011) ( 10 MB)
- Yeerongpilly TOD - Review of Flood Assessments (August 2011) ( 26 KB)
- Response to Queensland Flood Commission of Enquiry - Yeerongpilly TOD (April 2013) ( 9.6 KB)
- Hydraulic review of revised Master Plan for the Yeerongpilly TOD (September 2013) ( 717 KB)
- Site Contamination Report (April 2010)